Monday, October 26, 2009

Asking for directions in a foreign land

My friend Steve and I were on our way from a Food not Bombs food sharing to check on the Rusted Chain Bike Collective at the Audobon Park Market when we passed a gentleman walking south on Bumby. He asked if he kept going the direction he was if it was far to Primrose.

Those of you familiar with this area of Orlando probably know that Bumby and Primrose, although being a few hundred feet apart, do not cross - parallel lines being the way they are and all ;-)

I think this is where we are at as a species, maybe we have been for a long time. We are at once very close to something probably no one can fully predict, and yet we will never get there travelling along our current path.

I challenge you to think about how this applies to your own life? How are you a fractal of the larger society? Is there a different direction you wish your life would take? What is preventing you from just making a new and different decision that will send you off in a completely new direction?

In the next week, I hope to unveil a new project - the significance I hope to be tremendous, even if not fully realized or understood for at least a few years.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how to answer the questions in this piece, but I can't wait to see what you are unveiling. :D

    ReplyDelete